President Yoweri Kaguta visited Amuru district, where he interfaced with leaders from the Acholi sub-region, discussing the issue of the nomadic pastoralists (Balaalo). After listening to the various issues raised, the president guided as follows:
1. Destruction of crops: The President directed the UPDF Division Commander, RPC and the Minister for Northern Uganda to ensure that anybody with cows in an unfenced area in the Acholi, Lango and West Nile sub-regions leaves immediately, but in any case not later than 3 weeks from November 3, 2023
2. Land ownership: The President will hold further discussions at a later date with the two groups (those aligned with Executive Order No. 3 and those who are not) on the issue of ownership and renting in the region.
3. Cultural clashes: Persons engaged in practices that are not compatible with the traditional norms of the Acholi community should desist with immediate effect.
4. Government land: Anybody occupying government land (Aswa ranch, Lakang, land acquired for the Madvhani group, etc.) must leave with immediate effect, but in any case not later than 3 weeks from November 3, 2023.
5. Dairy farming: The government shall support the development of the dairy industry in the Acholi sub-region.